Beef Hariyali Khichdi or Khichuri or Hodgepodge Recipe.
Beef Hariyali Khichdi or Hodgepodge or Hariyali Khichuri Recipe
Hariyali is a Hindi word, means green or greenery. Any dish is made with green vegetables or green vegetables paste is named as Hariyali Recipe. Today I’ll discuss about the recipe of Beef Hariyali Khichdi or Khichuri or Hodgepodge. This menu is and ideal food for breakfast.
Ingredients of Beef Hariyali Khichdi or Khichuri or Hodgepodge
1. Polau rice-chinigura/bashmoti – 8 cups
2. Masoor lentil/Moong lentil – 4 cups
3. Onion – 1 cup chopped
4. Ginger Paste – 2 teaspoon
5. Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoon
6. Cumin Paste – 1 teaspoon
7. Ground turmeric – 1 teaspoon
8. Green Chilies – 8-10 pieces
9. Green Cardamon – 6 pieces
10. Cloves – 6-8 pieces
11. Bay leaves – 4
12. Cinnamon – 4 pieces
13. Salt – to taste
14. Oil – 1 cup
15. Beef – 2 kg regular piece
16. Onion – 1 1/2 cup chopped
17. Ginger Paste – 3 teaspoon
18. Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoon
19. Cumin Powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
20. Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
21. Red Chili Powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
22. Turmeric Powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
23. Garam masala powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
24. Salt – to taste
25. Oil – 1/2 cup
For Hariyali Paste:
26. Plain yogurt/Curd – 4 tablespoon
26. Fresh Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup chopped
27. Fresh mint leaves – 4 tablespoon chopped
28. Green chili – 3-5 pieces
29. Crispy Fried Onion (Beresta) – 1 1 /2 cup
30. Tomato – 2 cup chopped
Instructions of Cooking Beef Hariyali Hodgepodge or Khichdi or Khichuri
Wash the rice and lentil together and drain the water remove. Keep aside. Make a Hariyali Paste paste with yogurt, green chilies, mint leaves and coriander , keep aside. Wash and drain beef pieces and flow-out water well keep aside.
Fire oil a pressure cooker. Add onion and fry until golden. Then add ginger, chili powder, garlic, salt, turmeric, cumin coriander and beef pieces. Mix well. Cook on high flame until oil is separated, this is called Inflict in english language. Now add water, and cook on medium fire until soft. At a time cooked and no more gravy, then add Hariyali Paste garam masala powder, yogurt mixture and cook until thick. Remove from flame and keep aside.
Fire oil in a deep bottom pan and fry onion, whole garam masala until soft and give a nice aroma. Now add rice-lentil and fry for 3-4 minutes. Then mix ginger, turmeric, garlic and cumin. Fry 1 minute. Then pour almost 10 cups boiled water , salt and remaining cooking over medium fire. Stir a few minutes. At a time the water dries up after another 4 to 5 minutes, then add pieces of cook beef, chopped tomatoes and scatter half of fried onion. Mix but carefully. Cover with lid and keep over low flame for 15 minutes. Don’t mix again. At a time cooked keep the hodgepodge covered until serve. Bring to a serving dish, scatter fried onion and nicely chopped coriander. Serve hot with salad, chutney or extra gravy.