Chicken Mandi Biriyani Recipe – Mint Flavor
Mandi is a consecutive Yemeni dish made from rice, spices and meat. The meats used are usually chicken, lamb, goat or beef. The spices rice and meat may be excited with nuts, fried onion, raisins and serve hot. Meat for eastern can be cooked in different ways. Mandi is deliberated the main dish served during special events, such as weddings, eid and feasts. Today we’ll show you how to cook Chicken Mandi. Its a kind of biriyani.
Ingredients of Chicken Mandi
1. Chicken – 8 pieces (2 kg)
2. Ginger Paste – 2 teaspoon
3. Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoon
4. Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
5. Coriander Powder -1.5 teaspoon
6. Garam Masala Powder – 1.5 teaspoon
7. Red Chili Powder – 2 teaspoon
8. Sugar – 2 teaspoon
9. Salt – to taste
10. Lemon Juice – 2 teaspoon
11. Jorda color/orange food color(optional) – 2 teaspoon
12. Soybean oil – 4 tablespoon
13. Tok doi (plain yogurt)/Curd – 1/2 cup
14. Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
1. Polau rice-chinigura/bashmoti – 4 Cups
2. Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
3. Coriander powder – 1.5 teaspoon
4. Cumin Powder – 1.5 teaspoon
5. Green Chilies – 5 to 6 pieces
6. Whole garam masala-cinnamon,bay leaf, cardamon – 4 per piece
7. Tomato – 4 peeled and chopped
8. Tomato Sauce – 2 tablespoon
9. Onion – 4 tablespoon chopped
10. Carrot – 1.5 cup grated
11. Chopped Boneless Chicken – 1.5 cup or 2 piece chicken stock cube
12. green Mint Leaves – 4 tablespoon chopped
13. youthful Coriander leaves – 4 tablespoon pieces
14. Ghee – 6 tablespoon
15. Salt to taste
Mint Leaves – as needed
cooked Nuts – as needed
cooked Raisins – as needed
Onion golden fried(beresta) – as needed
Method of Cooking Chicken Mandi
wash and drain chicken pieces well. Mix above all chicken ingredients in a bowl. Next mix with chicken well and soak for 1 1/2 hours in refrigerator. Preflame your oven to 230 degree c. keep the pieces of chicken in a baking tray. Bake the pieces of chicken both sides for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven , cover with lid and keep aside.
Clean and drain rice well. Fire ghee in a deep bottom pan and add above whole garam masala. Then fry onion til soft. Next add chopped tomatoes, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin and salt one after another. Once tomatoes are tender, then add pieces chicken, tomato sauce, carrot and cook for 3-4 minutes. Now add 3 cups of water, rice and keep to boil. salt to taste and add green chilies, mint leaves and coriander leaves. Cover with lid and cook on low flame for 15 minutes. Turn off heat.
Take a plate. keep rice and place brown chicken pieces over rice. Sprinkle nuts, beresta, raisins, coriander and mint. Serve warm with salad.
salt to taste and pepper consequent to your taste. You can use chicken stock instead of chopped chicken. You can omit orange food color. Don’t over bake pieces of chicken . It should be nice golden brown color.